Social media has revolutionized the way we do business. In the 21st century, mastery of social media and online marketing tools and strategies is essential to successful business operations. Reaching far beyond traditional marketing media, businesses today must open the lines of communication with customers and potential customers to develop valuable interactive online relationships using tools unheard of as recently as ten years ago. These tools include Facebook, Twitter, Google+, YouTube, Pinterest, LinkedIn, mobile apps, and blogging.
Social Media Marketing Certificate Outcomes:
• Optimize your use of LinkedIn, Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, YouTube, your company’s website, and emerging social media platforms
• Develop and manage branding strategies using social media
• Gain skills to create and operate a dynamic blog, and learn how to drive traffic there
• Learn how social media tools interrelate and the most effective ways to use them
• Learn how to design a social media marketing strategy for your business or organization
• Develop appropriate content to improve your organization’s engagement with target audiences
• Evaluate the effectiveness of social media efforts with analytics and metrics
Be sure to sign up for classes – check our current class schedule.
• SM 101, Introduction to Social Media Marketing & Communications
• SM 102, Advanced Social Media Marketing & Communications
• LA 020, Writing for Business
• DES 152, Adobe Photoshop
• DES 162, WordPress or DES 155, HTML & Website Design
Requirements for successful completion of the Social Media Marketing & Communications Certificate Program:
• submit a Social Media Marketing & Communications Certificate Program application and fee
• submit a personal statement* and current resume
• successfully complete five required social media courses
• achieve an overall 2.0 GPA or better
• submit disk with one project from each required course
*All applicants are required to submit a 250-500 word typed personal statement that describes their reasons for choosing a visual arts education and any influences that led to this choice.
To apply now or find out more about Certificate Programs, contact continuing education.