NEW - Starting Fall 2014
Digital media and interactive entertainment are the most pervasive and popular modes of connection, influence, and communication in today’s world. Students majoring in digital media receive introductory and advanced training in this integrative and technology-driven field.
Through lectures, demonstrations and studio work, students gain mastery in the principles of 3-D modeling, digital animation, digital audio production, time-based media, and production skills.
Students participate in the required internship program in relevant professional environments. The senior year is highlighted by senior thesis projects and participation in the Senior Show & Celebration. The digital media major, with a focus on career-oriented projects and developing professional skill sets, prepares students to meet the demands of a diverse and expanding job market in film, television, video games, and more.
Digital Media Career Opportunity Examples
• Animator (2-D and 3-D)
• Motion Graphics Designer
• Producer, Editor
• Special Effects for film and television
• Production Designer
• Interface Designer
For more information on the bachelor of fine arts curriculum or course descriptions, please download our current catalog.
Statement of Goals & Outcomes: Digital Media Department
Students who successfully complete the program will be able to:
• Formulate and apply concepts in their work via formal expression, conceptual development, and contextual dialogue.
• Demonstrate a range of the latest technical and digital skills necessary for employment in the gaming, application design, motion graphics and animation industries.
• Formulate and apply critical analysis to their work and the work of others while benefiting from collaboration among disciplines.
• Demonstrate an understanding of the industry and the relevancy of their work in the context of that industry, the industry’s history and emerging trends, and the broader culture and community.
• Engage in the business and practical realities of the field, understand and employ appropriate business trends and standards, and develop a body of work relevant to acquiring work in their chosen industry.